Lady Bird Johnson Movie Premiere

LadyBirdLDocumentaryLBJRanch_Page_1 It was 20 years ago this year that I wrote the music for a documentary celebrating the life and times of Lady Bird Johnson, FLOTUS, First Lady of the United States.

The documentary is shown daily (hourly) at the Lyndon B Johnson National Historical Park, Texas.

I was honored to perform my music at the premiere of the film at the Texas White House, with many dignitaries. My long time associate, John Mills, and I performed a duet for the luncheon.

LadyBird Premiere5

LadyBird Premiere - John+Hank
A year later, Lady Bird sent me an autographed photo commemorating the event, and she wrote a handwritten thank you to me.

In her words, she wrote:

“for Hank Hehmsoth, whose talents added pleasure and charm to “my film” on this special day” – Lady Bird Johnson
Lady Bird Johnson Premiere
Noted dignitaries attended, but I was especially proud that my mother and sister attended. My mom and Lady Bird’s best friend Liz Carpenter really hit it off, and I was proud to have included them in this event.LadyBird Premiere2LadyBird Documentary pg5LadyBird Documentary pg6LadyBirdPremiere3